We got a pair of sandhill cranes at work and the wildlife staff named them NILES AND DAPHNE.
Just checking back in to let everyone know that it took me like a week to realize that this was a pun on “crane” and not just a “cute couples” name thing.
a drake-themed party where we listen to drake and watch old episodes of degrassi and play musical chairs to “anaconda” but most importantly we just act very kind to each other in a way that is sometimes almost weird
Sulienapgwien (I’m doing this on my dumb iPad and am lifetimes too lazy to do a proper link) tagged me to make a list of 15 things that make me happy. Life has been a total bummer lately, so I am forcing myself to do this so that I can take some time to intentionally acknowledge good things.
1. “Quality of Armor” by Guided By Voices - my heart swells when I hear this song, everything about it is perfect (the opening, “oh yeah, I’m going to drive my car/oh yeah, I’m going to go real far”, is probably the best opening to a song in our recorded history).
2. Seeing wild rabbits in my backyard/neighborhood.
3. The celebratory LeBron related graffiti throughout the city.
4. The very existence of Marta’s (the restaurant) and Marta (the person). Eating paprikash at Marta’s is like the single greatest culinary gift I can give to myself.
5. Peanuts comic strips.
6. The otters (Linus and Lucy) at work.
7. When the library book I’ve been on hold for finally comes in.
8. Inspirational movies/documentaries about sports (The Other Dream Team! Breaking Away!)
9. Reading a really good zine (any of bluebeadsandbone’s zines!!!!)
10. Finding something that I thought was permanently lost.
11. Playing video games that involve doing chores, collecting things, or solving puzzles.
12. When I come home from grocery shopping on Sunday morning and Matt makes me a Bloody Mary.
13. Talking at length about urban legends, ghosts, and creepy slumber party games. I want to know all of the world’s spooky stories!
14. Leaving work on Friday in time to hear “Born to Run” (played on 105.7 every Friday at the top of the 5 o’clock hour).
15. A winning Browns game. (The rarest happiness of all? Idk.)