I feel like this every time!
Picking up my library holds are #3 on today’s agenda, right after “bank” and “optometrist.”
[Cover scan of vol. 5 of The Charlie Brown Illustrated Dictionary by Charles Schulz. Vol. 5 covers “Mo” to “P.” There are two illustrations on the cover, the first (for “Mo”) features Charlie Brown, Linus, and Violet at the counter purchasing tickets for a movie. There is a blue sign that reads, “Movie now showing,” in the background. The illustration for “P” features Schroeder playing his piano while Lucy leans on it and stares at him admiringly. There is a smattering of music notes above them.]
I will forever regret not buying the complete set of these that I spotted at Unique Thrift a couple of summers back.
my real life
I’m working from home today because of an awful, awful head cold (my souvenir from this weekend’s trip to Chicago with Drew.) I’m not even going to try to get caught up on Tumblr, but if any of you have posted any especially good cat pictures, you just let me know.
my real life
Happy New Year.
Scanned from the Chip Kidd assembled Peanuts: The Art of Charles M. Schulz (Pantheon Books/2001)
2010 by the month:
- January East Cleveland shut down two of their libraries due to lack of funding, breaking my heart and throwing a huge wrench into my work life.
- February Had a small electrical fire in the old house.
- March Befriended Jami (yoursecretary)
- April Had a post published on Tiger Beatdown (Rivers Cuomo vs. Liz Phair! How do we interpret narratives of sexual experience in pop music!)
- May Played in a band with Jami (yoursecretary)
- June Met with the director of curriculum for East Cleveland Public Schools to plan tutoring support for a district-wide third grade literacy intervention
- July Moved
- August Went to the last ever Coffinberry show
- September Lost two friends to drug overdoses in the span of two weeks, got mugged at gunpoint, turned 23
- October Spent all month listening to Drew shoot down my amazing ideas for couples Halloween costumes
- November Got amazing mail from April (aprilmarches) for the first time in years (neglected to send her much of anything in 2010 — sorry! I promise I’ll send your Best coast 7”s soon!)
- December Got three cavities filled in the hopes of mending a life lived without dental insurance (of course, I still don’t have dental insurance, but you know.)
Hopefully 2011 will have more ups than downs.