This is just a quick little list of zines that I currently have in print along with information on how to order them!
- A Million Birthdays #7: Seventeen stories about navigating the spaces between home and school, leaving Cleveland for rural Oxford, OH to attend college, ending destructive relationships and forging new caring ones. Themed loosely around “change and the loneliness change brings” (Cynthia Kadohata), $2.50 (includes US shipping.)
- A Million Birthdays #8: A bunch more stories about college years, negotiating relationships and autonomy, figuring out who I am in relation to who I want to be. Super text heavy, $2.50 (includes US shipping.)
- A Million Birthdays #9: A continuing chronicle of my college years, mainly focused on events from my junior year — an unusual relationship that began as a blind date, the death of a friend, grappling with feeling as though I’m losing myself as well as those around me, and finding a new beginning with someone who had previously been lost to me. Super text heavy, $2.50 (includes US shipping.)
- A Million Birthdays #10: A minizine about confronting/understanding the ways in which my experiences with assault have shaped who I am today as well as the ways in which sexual assault has impacted people in my family (namely my grandmother) and how their experiences/responses have informed the ways in which I understand/narrate my own experiences with assault. $1.00, includes US shipping.
- Lake Effect #1/Your Secretary #6: A super-sized split with my amazing pal Jami. My half is all about understanding & (hopefully) breaking cycles of violence & redefining/taking ownership of violent experiences through narration. Jami’s half is about ghost stories and childhood trauma . Dark but important stuff. The covers are illustrated by indie comix legend Dame Darcy. $2.50, includes US shipping.
- Lake Effect #2: This zine is about fashion & more specifically, tackles the questions: how do we narrate our identities through fashion, how is what we wear linked to our memories/lived experiences, what in our histories do we invoke when we get dressed, etc. I take 8 of my most worn wardrobe items and write the stories behind them. The zine is illustrated with a paper doll (of me! sort of. it is a girl with a ponytail, which is close enough) that you can dress with the items written about in the zine (because I drew all of those, too.) $1.50, US postage paid.
Email me at heysideponytail AT gmail DOT com and make sure to include the titles of the zines you want as well as your current mailing address. I’ll get back to you & we can work it out.